Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"One of the first records I ever owned"

This is one of the first records that I ever owned. It's was purchased for me by my father @ Sears, Roebuck and Company. My memory tells me I received it for Christmas in 1975, but it very well may have been for my 6th birthday.

The LP seen in the picture above is not a photo of my copy. Mine is much more worn than that. I played the HELL outta that thing on my plastic record player. I remember Paper Lace's "The Night Chicago Died" being my favorite jam on the album, while BTO's "Takin' Care of Business", Ray Stevens' "The Streak", and Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love" were the other tunes that made me jump around my room like an imbecile. Ahhhhh, youth.

Anyway, below is the full track listing. - Ace:)



Ronco Records Presents... "In Concert"

The Hues Corporation - "Rock The Boat"
Donny and Marie Osmond - "I'm Leaving It All Up To You"
O'Jays - "Put Your Hands Together"
BTO - "Takin' Care of Business"
Jim Weatherly - "The Need To Be"
Redbone - "Come and Get Your Love"
O.C. Smith - "La La Peace Song"
Eric Burdon & Jimmy Witherspoon - "Soledad"
Ray Stevens - "The Streak"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama"
Tymes - "You Little Trustmaker"
Johnny Bristol - "Hang On In There Baby"
Jim Stafford - "Wildwood Weed"
Golden earring - "Radar Love"
Brownsville Station - "I'm The Leader Of The Gang"
Jimmy Witherspoon - "The Other Side Of Love"
Staple Singers - "I'll Take You There"
Mac Davis - "In The Ghetto"
Paper Lace - "The Night Chicago Died"
Reunion - "Life Is A Rock"

No comments: