Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Gina Gershon turned down Prince"

from starpulse.com

Hollywood star Gina Gershon turned down the opportunity to work with pop superstar Prince because he wanted to change her name. The actress, who is also an accomplished singer, admits she was asked by the star to appear on the iconic 1984 album "Purple Rain", but wasn't prepared to swap her original moniker in exchange for singing stardom.

She says, "Prince wanted me to do "Purple Rain" years ago. He flew me out there and he's changing my name, and for some reason, I backed out of that. He goes, 'I think I'm going to call you Gheena.' I said, 'Gheena Gershon?' And he said: 'No. Just Gheena.' At that moment I knew this was going to be weird. I was so young. I was like, 'I want to go to college..."

No comments: