Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Australian Woman Kills Boyfriend Who Stopped Her From Playing Springsteen"

from news.com.au

An Australian woman stabbed her de facto husband to death after he stopped her playing her favorite Bruce Springsteen CD.

Karen Lee Cooper told arresting police: "I couldn't even play Bruce Springsteen on my stereo -- can you believe that? Can you believe that?"

She later again told police: "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen? I'm 49 years old and I want to play my own music."

In the Supreme Court in Brisbane Thursday, Cooper, 50, was jailed for eight years.

She pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Kevin Lee Watson on July 8, 2006.

She was originally charged with murder but the court accepted a manslaughter plea on the basis she had no intention to kill.

The court heard Cooper stabbed Watson through the aorta after they had been drinking at their Cedar Grove home, south of Brisbane.

No comments: