Friday, April 25, 2008

"Radiohead remixed by Thomas Dolby"

Dance music pioneer remixes 'Nude'

Thomas Dolby has submitted a remix of Radiohead's 'Nude' to the Radiohead remix site.

The producer announced the news on his blog, professing his love for the 'In Rainbows' track - and said it took two sleepless nights to complete.

Dolby named his interpretation
'Bathing In The Ice Floe'
.

Writing on his blog, Dolby said: "I love their album and especially 'Nude', so I was intrigued, and I downloaded the guitar stem and opened it in Logic 8 . Now, each of the stems starts from 00:00, so it took a while before the guitar started to play.

"While waiting for it I just listened to the lapping of the waves on the shore, and the cry of some seagulls fighting over a crab shell. By the time the beautiful plaintive guitar part came in I was completely mesmerised.

"It left such a vivid impression on me that this became the basis for a remix, and I recorded a sample of the waves and seagulls and included it in the track. I downloaded the rest of the stems, and after two straight nights with no sleep, the mix is finally finished."

The
radioheadremix.com
site allows the fans to buy 'stems' of the track and them mix them anyway they like.

The 'stems' available are bass, voice, guitar, strings/fx and drums, while fans can also add their own instrumentation.


from nme.com

No comments: